Hello, thanks for stopping by my blog. My name is Ciara, a newly-wed mum of one, a born and bred Irish girl turned Londoner who recently uprooted to the country with her English/Iranian husband and 2 year old daughter. Have I lost you already?!
Our situation is not unusual, in fact its pretty commonplace these days. After having our daughter we decided to upsticks and carve out a new life for our little family in Kent. I’m no stranger to blogging. I’ve been boring anyone who will listen with everything wedding related over at Wed in London since November 2011. Although I have loved sharing my wedding plans on that blog, I have felt confined in what I was able to talk about. Excited brides-to-be really don’t want to hear about finding a cure for horrendous nappy rash, or my frustration at not being able to find decent sushi in the countryside (yeah I know, middle class problems!).
And so City To Sticks was born, my corner of the blogosphere where I get to vocalise my ramblings on motherhood, wifehood and adapting to our new life in the country. Hey, if nothing else at least its cheaper than therapy!
I love being able to put a face to a voice on the internet, so here I am… my face! And my wonderful husband (it still feels strange to say that!). Random facts about us:
- We met at a fancy dress party in Stockwell but it wasn’t exactly love at first sight
- We became friends when we discovered a mutual love for getting smashed on Jack Daniels
- Love blossomed several years later over buckets of Thai whiskey and red bull on a holiday in Koh Samui
- We were married in London in March 2013 surrounded by our most cherished family and friends
And here’s our little maggot Aoife:
- Her name is pronounced Ee-fa
- She is the best surprise we have ever received
- Born on 13th March 2011, she has been wreaking havoc on the world ever since
- She loves Toy Story, Petits Filous, bouncing on her trampoline and drawing on walls
So that’s me and my little family. I’d love to hear about you so don’t be shy…come say hello! I’ve uploaded a little intro video to You Tube if you would like to learn a little more about me and my inspiration for the blog.